Monday, May 6, 2013

Halal Food at Century Square - Penang Culture

Tampines Muslim residents are all too familiar with the all-halal food court at Century Square. Popular as it was, it closed down sometime last year much to my dismay. Kenny Rogers and Penang Culture now took over the shoplots. Luckily, Penang Culture obtained a halal certificate from MUIS, at least there is a place for us to eat in at Century Square after shopping with the kids at our favourite haunt Kiddy Palace and BHG. 

Taste-wise, I find it to be average and not too die for but hubby likes it very much and the mild taste also seems to win my two kiddos over. We would usually order the chicken sate when we eat here as my second son loves chicken. Surprisingly, this is the only place where my firstborn will eat chicken sate willingly too.

good food tampines
Halal Food Singapore: My Kids and Chicken Sate


The grilled platter was very nice when we had it the first time albeit the very small prawns (well, the fact that we were ravenous could have played a very important part) the second time we came, I find the grilled platter to be too spicy for my liking. 


singapore local food
Singapore Halal Food : Penang Culture's Grilled Platter


The Mee Goreng Mamak was the only exception to the mild offerings. It was so yummy, my firstborn finished the whole plate himself!

Halal Food Tampines
Halal Food Singapore: Mee Goreng Mamak @ Penang Culture


The nasi lemak, comes with chicken curry and acar (a sort of salad with cucumber, carrots and chilli oil) and omelette. Again, I find it to be mild. 

halal food century square
Halal Food Singapore: Nasi Lemak @ Penang Culture


Dessert was bubur pulut hitam and cendol. Both was mild tasting but was not bad. 

singapore food
Local Dessert : Bubur Pulut Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice Pudding with Creamy Coconut Milk)

halal dessert singapore
Local Dessert : Cendol


Overall Penang Culture is where I will head to with my kids whenever I need to do a spot of shopping and eat with the kids. It is not a place where I will purposely head to for good food though hubby thinks otherwise. 

Penang Culture is also slated to open at Changi Airport Terminal 2 :) Yeay!! So there are now more halal dining options at Changi Airport Terminal 2 other than the super crowded Swensen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment