Friday, December 29, 2017

Halal Chinese Noodles @ Melawati Mall - Mee Tarik Warisan Asli

The first time I tried Mee Tarik Warisan Asli was about 2 years back when we chanced upon a branch at Kota Damansara - The Strand area (yes.. we eat around that area a lot ðŸ˜„) Le husband is a chinese noodle fan (handmade noodles only) and when he saw the branch, he insisted on eating there. Moi wasn't impressed. I don't rreally like to eat at these authentic Chinese Muslim restaurants  (Hui Cuisines)  because  they charge quite a lot for a dish and give you huuuuge portion that is for sharing that you end up either ordering a variety of dishes which can then feed an army OR eating one or two dishes that you have to share. Ok, so back to Mee Tarik @ The Strand - we ate once, I wasn't impressed cos it didn't suit my then very small kids palate. We found the noodles to be too spicy and we never set foot there again.

And then.. one day, my husband was being super nice to me and said he will bring me to Melawati Mall as I wanted to check out Rina Salleh's boutique there and delightfully attended to the kids while I shopped. As a gesture of appreciation, I said we can eat at Mee Tarik (don't judge me okaaaaay). 

The branch at Melawati Mall was spacious and ordering was a breeze. I don't know if they had revamped their menu since my last visit or I wasn't aware of all the dishes offered back then. But, there were fried rice options and egg drop soup for my kiddo that can't stand the heat. So, all was good. 

Husband ordered :



Mee Tarik Warisan @ Melawati Mall
Bao Bao Tea (in the backgroudn) and also I think this dish is wet noodle with lamb. Oh My God, this dish is super delicious! The noodle was soo smooth although a bit spicy. The lamb goes very well with the noodle. I was trying this while my husband went to pray (cos our order did not arrive yet) and I had to restraint myself from polishing off half of the bowl 


Halal Chinese Noodles @ Melawati Mall - KL

I ordered this mainly for my no 1, cos the description in the menu states something like fried noodle but this dish was a bit overwhelming for us. Maybe too much black pepper? and the texture of the noodle is different from the first dish. Both of my sons preferred the first dish over this.

Toothpick Lamb @ Mee Traik Warisan - Melawati Mall

This is a snack dish - toothpick lamb. The serving is big really, and its too spicy for me and the kids. We let Le Husband eat it by himself.


Egg drop soup @ Mee Traik Warisan - Melawati Mall
This soup was ordered for my 2 yo because I didn't know Le Husband ordered Dumpling Soup as well (not in picture) ah well, all for the best because he ate it straight from the humongous bowl even though he was sick and they gave serving bowls and he left me salivating over the dumplings which looked so silky - sigh)

This egg drop soup was also heart-warmingly delicious, if I wasn't too full and the bowl wasn't too huge, I could have slurped it to the last drop>

Fried rice @ Mee Tarik Warisan - Melawati Mall



So, much to my surprise, they have fried rice @ Mee Tarik! haha my kiddo ate a lot of it. So, I am a satisfied mum.

I was not a fan then, but am definitely a fan now, if only because of the lamb noodle dish and the dumpling soup! Will definitely come again.

Mee Tarik Warisan Asli have various locations in Malaysia.

Check it out from their facebook page here.


You might be interested in:

waneeda tom yam
Waneeda Tom Yam (post in Malay)
cibiuk malaysia kuala lumpur
Restoran Cibiuk (post in Malay)

7 comments:

  1. "www.nonwovenbagmalaysia.com.my/ www.magspremiums.com
    MAGS PREMIUM GIFTS SDN BHD We specialize in premium and corporate gifts printing (cenderamata korporat) , Welcome to custom made your own design on the gifts. Example: non woven bags, tshirt, lanyard, keychain, etc..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for the best Dubai Massage with luxury then you came to the right place. Al Reem is one of the best Deira Dubai massage centers. We have a new professional and most beautiful staff. We are here to provide the life of luxury which you truly deserve. We consider our clients to wish first. What you require let us know and we will try our best to full fill your wishes. Just call our contact NO. +971 54 339 7936 to make an appointment and our Masseuses. For the last five years, Al Reem Spa Center Massage has been dedicated to bringing the best quality Thai, Korean, Chinese, Indian, Filipino, Vietnam massage service to our clients in Deira Dubai. Pearl City Spa Center Massage is your trusted partner. Massage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a Readymade Food Delivery app at low cost. sv soft solutions offer the ready-made mobile app solution for food stores.
    Like zomato clone
    Quality Work. Quick Delivery. Affordable Packages. HIghly Experienced Team.
    Types: App Design & Development, eCommerce App Development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Build your zomato clone app
    Give your customers a branded ordering app & website like Zomato to order food online,
    pay for them and track delivery agents in real-time.
    zomato clone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please check out my blog if you like reading and poetry: https://funfactswithmehere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation! Have been looking for halal chinese noodles in the Klang Valley area.

    Check out my blog at thesgmama.com :)

    ReplyDelete